Tired of bash, python, ... scripts to manage your experiments? Experimaestro manager gives you a systematic way to write and run experiments where parameters varies. The goals of the experimaestro manager are to:
- Decompose experiments into a set of tasks
- Standardize the way to run experiments for easier reproduction of experimental results in computing science
- Build a documentation for each task
- Uses the scheduler to run jobs on various computational resources
- Manage data produced by the tasks
- Associate tags to ran tasks
The main concepts of the manager are:
- All messages between tasks are Json objects. This is described in this document.
- Tasks are the unit on which experiments are built, and correspond roughly to either the execution of a long process, or to a configuration task. Tasks can be composed in various ways to allow a compact representation of experimental plans. Tasks are described further this document
- Computational resources, named
connectors, define a set of computers - how can a file be stored, how can a command line be executed. More information can be found in this document.